Tour du Mont Blanc
- Tour du Mont Blanc is the definitive guidebook for one of the most famous long-distance treks in the world. This trek circles the entire Mont Blanc massif, passing through spectacular scenery in France, Italy and Switzerland. You’ll traverse high mountain passes, see stunning glaciers, pass azure lakes, wander through tranquil green valleys and alpine pastures, with snow-capped peaks visible above.
- Written by Tour du Mont Blanc expert Kingsley Jones, this guidebook includes unique customised timings to enable accurate itinerary planning for walkers, trekkers, fastpackers and trail runners, allowing you to plan your Tour du Mont Blanc at a pace to suit you.
- You’ll find everything that you need to plan and undertake your Tour du Mont Blanc, including travel information, navigation, accommodation options, equipment and safety, food and drink, as well as useful extra information such as wild swimming locations and trekking tips.
- Together with amazing photography, the route includes clear and comprehensive directions, refreshments stops, accommodation and local points of interest, and is accompanied by bespoke 1:40,000-scale maps. Route variations are also included.
- Paperback: 192 pages (17.5 cm x 12cm)
- ISBN-13: 978-1912560721
- Link to book page on Vertebrate Publishing website; link
- Buy an author signed copy from My Etsy book shop
- Published: 09 April 2020
Or you can buy an author signed copy of the book…
When writing this guidebook, I calculated that I’d guided trekking and running groups on the Tour du Mont Blanc well over 50 times, as well as racing it multiple times in the Ultra-Trail du Mont Blanc (UTMB) running event. Put in context, I’ve spent well over a year of my life specifically on the trails of the Tour du Mont Blanc, so know every step of it. I really hope you enjoy the book, as much as I did writing and researching it. Below is a copy of the guidebook cover…
See my other books – click here