Trail and Fell Running in the Lake District
- The 40 routes in this guidebook offer some of the best trail running, fell running and sky running routes in the Lake District National Park, one of the world’s great mountain running regions.
- Each route has been carefully graded to indicate terrain and difficulty so that the runner can select a route that suits their ability or aspirations for the day.
- Routes range from 5 miles to 21 miles, and include classics such as the Helvellyn skyline, Langdale Horseshoe, Borrowdale and Scafell Pike direct.
- Detailed route descriptions and OS map extracts accompany each route, along with key facts, including distance, ascent, descent, timings, maps, transport and parking.
- There is a useful introduction explaining the history of trail and fell running in the Lake District, along with advice about the best bases for a trail running holiday, equipment and adapting to running off road.
- Whether you want to follow the course of some of the classic fell races, or explore some of the quieter corners of the national park, the aim of this book is to inspire you to enjoy this thrilling sport in one of its greatest playgrounds.
- Links; Amazon and Cicerone, or buy signed copies from Icicle
- Published 13 April 2017
Or you can buy an author signed copy of the book..
There are 40 routes featured in the book…
Reviews and press…
Nominee for Running Awards
This guidebook was nominated in the Running Awards in the best book category. It didn’t win, but it was brilliant just to be nominated in this competition in the first place. Thanks to all who voted!
See my other books – click here